201 N. Main Street Suite 4 Ft. Atkinson, WI 53538 | Contract
Our client is seeking your expertise as an iSeries Developer to provide programming support for new product development as well as existing software enhancements within the IBMi under moderate supervision. As an iSeries Developer, you will develop business applications from detailed design specifications including coding, testing, and documenting of required system objects and collaborate with IT / Operations when implementing system objects into production.
- Participate in a variety of deployment activities
- Handle users ‘ ad hoc’ requests and inquires
- Document within the service request system; work efforts, communications and resolutions for all IT processes
- Support the IT development team by participating in brainstorming and system design that will deliver solutions within
- Perform regular maintenance on existing systems
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience in mid-range programming (IBM i) with at least 7 years of general software engineering experience
- Expertise in RPG, CL, and SQL programming
- Java experience, SQL Stored Procedures, Embedded SQL, ILE Freeform RPG, DB2 Dba knowledge
- Experience with an IT incident/service request system
- Operating system iSeries V7.3
If you are looking for your next career move, then contact me at 847-440-2451 or email me at email@example.com.