Chicago, IL 60614 | Contract To Hire
The Security Engineer shall provide security engineering and subject matter expertise to conduct market research, product evaluation, prototyping, integration, development, deployment, recapitalization, operations, and maintenance support for a variety of SOC technologies.
- Provide support for Government Furnished vulnerability assessment tools, penetration testing tools, malware analysis and digital media analysis tools.
- DHS online incident ticketing and case tracking, host Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), network IDS/IPS.
- Full network traffic collection and retention, analyst workstations, SOC routers, SOC switches, SOC firewalls, SOC storage devices, SOC backup system, logging system.
- Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM).
- Shall have at least three (3) years of professional experience in incident detection and response, and at least three (3) years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development.
- At least a Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
- Experience in the concepts, terms, processes, policy and implementation of information security.
- Experience and knowledge of the latest security measures at all stages of an information system life cycle.
- Ability to solve complex problems involving a wide variety of information systems. And able to understand and differentiate between critical and non-critical systems and networks.
- Experience and knowledge in Splunk and/or Archer
- Experience and knowledge in network / firewalls, SIEM, IPS/IDS, and vulnerability/penetration tools.
- Experience in developing procedures and documentation for maintaining SOC hardware and software.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org