450 E Devon Ave #175, Itasca, IL 60143 Itasca, IL 60143 | Direct Hire
Our client, a stable, family-owned distribution company in Itasca is adding a purchasing assistant to their team.
Under the direction of the Inventory Supervisor, the Purchasing Assistant supports the buyers by processing and confirming purchase orders, arranging and tracking freight. In addition, this position is helps prepare reports for the monthly sales/purchasing meetings along with designated metric tracking.
- Process purchase orders for designated supplier including; send to supplier, obtain confirmation, arrange and track freight and ensure on time receipt.
- Receive inbound purchase orders in system.
- New item setup in system.
- Prepare reports for monthly sales/purchasing meetings including; shelf life, forecast variance, excess inventory reports, stocking agreement tracking, shipping performance by supplier and monthly stock out report.
- Ability to prepare reports, spreadsheets, purchase orders and correspondence related to purchasing.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with suppliers and with other employees of the organization.
- Strong Excel skills including ability to design and update spreadsheets with proper formatting.
- Strong Microsoft Outlook
Please send resumes to: Maggie.email@example.com
Maggie has over 10 years of experience in IT recruiting. In her free time, she enjoys baking (especially cookies), and was thrilled to see her alma mater, Loyola University Chicago, advance to the final four in the 2018 NCAA tournament!